Minor 6th Chords
A minor 6th chord is a chord having a root, a minor third, a perfect fifth and a major 6th. It is basically a minor chord with an added 6th.
The chord can be written as m6 or min6, with m6 being the most common.
The chord formula for a minor 6 chord is 1 - ♭3 - 5 - 6
The featured song for this session is If by Bread.
- Minor 6 Chords consist of the 1st, ♭3rd, 5th and 6th notes of the Major Scale
- 'D' chords, are based on the D major scale which has 2 sharps - F# & C#. The scale reads as follows: D - E - F# - G - A - B - C#
- Formula for minor 6 chords: 1 - ♭3 - 5 - 6
- Make the note substitutions by applying the formula to notes in the scale.
- 1 = D, ♭3 = ♭(F#) = F, 5 = A , 6 = B
- Dm6 reads as follows: D - F - A - B
Minor 6th Chords - Right Handers
Minor 6th Chords - Left Handers
If by Bread
🡇 'If' by Bread - chords and lyrics