Gentle On My Mind chords & lyrics
by The Band Perry
- Gentle On My Mind was first recorded by Glen Campbell on May 17, 1967. It was released on the 19th June, 1967 from the album of the same name.
- The Band Perry version of the song was recorded in 2014 for the soundtrack of the Glen Campbell documentary Glen Campbell: I'll Be Me. The band won a Grammy Award for Best Country Duo/Group Performance in 2015.
- Music: C Major in 2/2 time at a moderately bright tempo - 107 bpm
- Chords: C, Cmaj7, C6, Dm, Dm6, Dm7, G7, F, Bdim7
- Please Note: If you are playing with the video you will need a capo on the 1st fret as the song key is C# with a few tricky chords.
Gentle On My Mind by The Band Perry
Capo on 1 if playing with video
Intro: 2/2 | C | C | C | C | (It's) C Cmaj7 C6 1. It's know-ing that your door is al-ways o-pen Cmaj7 Dm And your path is free to walk Dm7 That makes me tend to leave my sleep-ing bag G7 C Rolled up and stashed be-hind your couch C Cmaj7 C6 Cmaj7 2. And it's know-ing I'm not shackled by for-got-ten words and bonds C Dm And the ink stains that have dried up on some line Dm7 Dm6 Dm7 That keeps you in the back roads by the ri-vers of my mem-'ry Dm G7 C That keeps you ever gen-tle on my mind C Cmaj7 C6 3. It's not cling-ing to the rocks and ivy plan-ted Cmaj7 Dm On their co-lumns now that binds me Or some-thing that some-bo-dy said Dm7 G7 C Be-cause they thought we fit to-ge-ther walk-ing C Cmaj7 C6 Cmaj7 4. It's just know-ing that the world will not be curs-ing or for-giv-ing C Dm When I walk a-long some rail-road track and find Dm7 Dm6 Dm7 That you're mov-ing on the back road by the ri-vers of my mem-'ry Dm G7 C And for hours you're just gen-tle on my mind C Cmaj7 5. Though the wheat fields and the clothes lines C6 Cmaj7 Dm And the junk-yards and the high-ways come be-tween us Dm7 And some other wo-man's cry-in' to her mo-ther G7 C 'Cause she turned and I was gone C Cmaj7 C6 Cmaj7 6. I still might run in silence tears of joy might stain my face C Dm And the sum-mer sun might burn me 'til I'm blind Dm7 Dm6 Dm7 But not to where I can-not see you walk-in' on the back-roads Dm G7 C By the ri-vers flow-ing gen-tle on my mind C Cmaj7 C6 7. Well I dip my cup of soup back from the gurgl-ing crackl-ing Cmaj7 Dm Cauld-ron in some train yard My beard a rust-ling coal pile Dm7 G7 C A dir-ty hat pulled low a-cross my face C Cmaj7 8. Through cupped hands 'round a tin can C6 Cmaj7 Dm I pre-tend I hold you to my breast and find Dm7 Dm6 Dm7 That you're wav-ing from the back roads by the ri-vers of my mem-'ry Dm G7 C E-ver smil-ing e-ver gen-tle on my mind C6 C Gen-tle on my mind C6 C Gen-tle on my mind
𝄐F | Bdim7 | C | | C | Ooh ... Ooh... Ooh ... yeah...
🗝️ C Major
Numbered Circles: Chord fingering - number inside circle indicates which finger to use
Unmarked strings: Play open
X: Don't play string
Barre Line: One finger holds down multiple strings
R: Root Note
Right Handed Charts:
Left Handed Charts: