Am9 guitar chords
Am9 comprises of the 1st, b3rd, 5th, b7th, and 9th notes of the diatonic root scale of A Major.
- A Major Scale: A - B - C# - D - E - F# - G#
- Chord: A minor ninth - written as Am9
- Formula: 1 - ♭3 - 5 - ♭7 - 9
- Notes: A - C - E - G - B
Am9 Chord Charts - RH/LH
Spelling: 1st(A), b3rd (C), 5th(E), b7th(G), 9th(B)
TAB e |-3-| B |-1-| G |-4-| D |-2-| A |-0-| E |---|
TAB e |-7-| B |-5-| G |-5-| D |-5-| A |-0-| E |---|
TAB e |-0--| B |-12-| G |-12-| D |-10-| A |-12-| E |----|
- A minor 9th chord implies the presence of the preceding 1st, ♭3rd, 5th, ♭7th, before the added 9th.
- This could also be written as Am7add9 and is used in jazz and alternative styles of music.
- Standard keys using the A minor 9 chord: C major and A minor. This shows the major key as well as its relative minor key. Both the C Major and A minor scales share the same notes & key signature.
- Am9 (A - C - E - G - B) utilizes notes belonging to the C Major/Am Scale (C-D-E-F-G-A-B).