Some Nights chords & lyrics
- Some Nights was written by Jeff Bhasker, Nate Ruess, Andrew Dost and Jack Antonoff.
- Recorded in 2011
- Released on June 4, 2012
- Album Some Nights.
- Music: Key of C Major in 4/4 time at ~ 108 bpm (♩)
- Song Chords: C, F, G, Am, F6
Some Nights by Fun
C F C Some nights, I stay up cash-ing in my bad luck F C G Some nights, I call it a draw C F C Some nights, I wish that my lips could build a cas-tle F C G Some nights, I wish they'd just fall off F C F C But I still wake u-u-p, I still see your ghost F C G Oh Lord, I'm still not sure what I stand for oh___ (oh-oh-woah-oh) F C F C Am What do I stand for?___(oh-oh-woah-oh) What do I stand for most nights ? G (F) I don't know___ Any-more... F - C F - C F - C G Woah - oh___ Woah - oh - oh - oh___ Woah - oh - oh - oh___ Oh - oh F - C F - C F - C G Woah - oh___ Woah - oh - oh - oh___ Woah - oh - oh - oh___ Oh - oh F C F C This is it, boys, this is war___ What are we wait-ing for? F C G Why don't we break the rules al-rea-dy? F C F C I was ne-ver one to be-lieve the hype___ Save that for the black and white F C I try twice as hard and I'm half as liked G | G | But here they come a-gain to jack my style F C That's al-right___ (that's alright) F C I found a mar-tyr in my bed to-night F C G Stops my bones from won-der-ing just who I___ Who I___ Who I F C F C F C G A-a-a-am___ Oh who am I-I___ Mm-mm___ Mm-mm F C F C Well, some nights I wish that this all would end F C G 'Cause I could use some friends for a change F C F C And some nights I'm scared you'll for-get me a-gain F C G Some nights I al-ways win___ I al-ways win F C F C But I still wake u-u-p, I still see your ghost F C G Oh Lord, I'm still not sure what I stand for oh___ (oh-oh-woah-oh) F C F C Am What do I stand for?___(oh-oh-woah-oh) What do I stand for most nights ? G I don't know... F C Bridge: So this is it?___ I sold my soul for this? G Washed my hands of that for this? I miss my mom and dad for this? F C No___ When I see stars___ When I see stars___ That's all they are G When I hear songs___ They sound like a swan F C G | G | So come on___ Oh come on___ Oh come on___ Oh come on___ F C F C Well, that is it guys, that is all___ Five min-utes in and I'm bored a-gain F C G Ten years of this, I'm not sure if an-y-bod-y un-der-stands F C F C This one is not for the folks at home___ Sor-ry to leave mom, I had to go F C G Who the f*** wants to die a-lone all dried up in the de-sert sun? F C F C My heart is break-ing for my sis-ter and the con that she called "love" F And then I look into my ne-phew's eyes... F6 F Man, you wouldn't be-lieve___ The most a-maz-ing things F6 G | G | That can come from-o-om ||: F - C | F - C | F - C | G :|| Some ter-ri-ble lie___ Ahhh... F - C F - C F - C G Woah - oh___ Woah - oh - oh - oh___ Woah - oh - oh - oh___ Oh - oh F - C F - C F - C G Woah - oh___ Woah - oh - oh - oh___ Woah - oh - oh - oh___ Oh - oh F C Outro: The o-ther night___ You would-n't be-lieve___ F C The dream I just had a-bout you and me F C | G | I called you up, but we'd both agree___ F C F C It's for the best you did-n't lis-ten___ F C G It's for the best we get our dis-tance___ Oh... F C F C It's for the best you did-n't listen F C G It's for the best we get our dis-tance___ Oh... ||: F - C | F - C | F - C | G :|| (repeat and fade)
Numbered Circles: Chord fingering - number inside circle indicates which finger to use
Unmarked strings: Play open
X: Don't play string
Barre Line: One finger holds down multiple strings
R: Root Note
Right Handed Charts:
Left Handed Charts:
- Level Of Ease: Easy... a great song for beginners
- Song Key: C Major... no sharps or flats
- 4/4: This means there are 4 quarter-note or crotchet beats per bar. This can be counted as
| 1 2 3 4 | or |1& 2& 3& 4&| etc.
- The song starts at approximately 1.02 minutes into the video.
- The hyphen between 2 chords in a bar means the chords share equal beat counts in that bar, which in this case is 2 beats per chord (4/4 time), e.g., | F - C | means 2 beat counts on F and 2 beat counts on C.
- I haven't included all the bars with split-timing as above, as it occurs right throughout the song. I have only included them where I felt they were needed.
- F6 chord is easy to play... just play an F chord, and add your pinkie on the 3rd fret, second string (D)... see chart above.
- ||: F - C | F - C | F - C | G :|| means you play the 4 bars and repeat them once again, unless stated otherwise... 8 bars in total.