The Banks Of My Own Lovely Lee chords & lyrics
by Seán O Sé
- The Banks Of My Own Lovely Lee was written by Dick Forbes and J.C. Flanahan.
- The song refers to the River Lee which emanates from the Shehy Mountains on the western border of County Cork, flowing eastward through Cork which is situated south-west of Ireland, in the province of Munster.
- Original Key: C Major in 3/4 time at 84 bpm (♩)
- Song Chords: C, D, F, G, G7, Am (Easy for beginners - no barre chords)
- Please Note: The cover by Seán O Sé is in the key of D Major. If you are playing with the video, you will need to place a capo on the 2nd fret or play in D major.
- Chords in D major: D, E, G, A, A7, Bm
The Banks Of My Own Lovely Lee by Seán O Sé
Capo on 2 if playing with the video
Intro: 3/4 ♫| G | G7 | F | C | Am | C | G | G7 | | C | G7 | F | C | G | G7 | C | % | C F C Am 1. How oft do my thoughts in their fan-cy take flight G D G | G7 | To the home of my child-hood a-way, C F C Am To the days when each Pa-tri-ot's vi-sion seem'd bright G D G | % | Ere I dreamed that those joys should de-cay. G G7 C Am When my heart was as light as the wild winds that blow C Am G7 | G7 | Down the Mar-dyke through each elm tree, C G7 F C Where we sport-ed and play'd 'neath each green leaf-y shade G C | % | On the banks of my own lovely Lee, C G7 F C Where we sport-ed and play'd 'neath each green leaf-y shade G G7 C | % | On the banks of my own lovely Lee. Instr: | G | G7 | F | C | Am | C | G | G7 | C F C Am 2. And then in the spring-time of laugh-ter and song G D G | G7 | Can I e-ver for-get the sweet hours? C F C Am With the friends of my youth as we ram-bled a-long G D G | % | 'Mongst the green mos-sy banks and wild flowers. G G7 C Am And then, when the ev-en-ing sun's sink-ing to rest C Am G7 | % | Shed its gold-en light o-ver the sea C G7 F C The maid with her lo-ver the wild dai-sies pressed G C | % | On the banks of my own love-ly Lee, C G7 F C The maid with her lo-ver the wild dai-sies pressed G G7 C | % | On the banks of my own lovely Lee...
Numbered Circles: Chord fingering - number inside circle indicates which finger to use
Unmarked strings: Play open
X: Don't play string
Barre Line: One finger holds down multiple strings
R: Root Note
Right Handed Charts:
Left Handed Charts: