Anniversary Song chords & lyrics
by Andy Williams
- The Anniversary Song was written by Al Jolson and Saul Chaplin in 1946. It is an adaptation of the 1820 waltz, Waves Of The Danube written by Romanian military band leader and composer - Ion Ivanovic. This version by Andy Williams is featured on his album - Call Me Irresponsible.
- Music: Ebm in 3/4 time at ~128 bpm.
- Chords: Ebm, Fm, Gb, Abm, Bb7, B6, Db9
- Easier: Capo on 1 and play in the key of Dm
- Chords with Capo: Dm, Em, F, Gm, A7, Bb6, C9
Anniversary Song by Andy Williams
Capo on the 1st Fret if playing with the video.
Intro: 3/4 || A7 | 𝄎 | Dm | 𝄎 | Gm | 𝄎 | Bb6 | A7 || A7 Dm 1. Oh___ How we danced___ On the night___ We were wed Gm Dm A7 Dm We vowed___ Our true love___ Though a word___ Was-n't said A7 Dm The world was in bloom___ There were stars___ In the skies Gm Dm A7 Dm Ex-cept___ For the few__ That were there___ In your eyes C9 F Chorus: Dear as I held you so close in my arms Bb6 F An-gels were sing-ing a hymn to your charms Gm Em A7 Dm Two hearts gent-ly beat-ing were mur-mur-ing low Gm Dm A7 | Dm | 𝄎 | 𝄎 | 𝄎 | "My Darl-ing I love you so." A7 Dm 3. The night___ Seemed to fade___ In-to blos-som-ing dawn Gm Dm A7 Dm The sun___ Shone a-new___ But the dance___ Ling-ered on A7 Dm Could we___ But re-live___ That sweet mo-ment sub-lime Gm Dm A7 Dm We'd find___ That our love___ Is un-al-tered by time C9 F Chorus: Dear as I held you so close in my arms Bb6 F An-gels were sing-ing a hymn to your charms Gm Em A7 Dm Two hearts gent-ly beat-ing were mur-mur-ing low Gm Dm A7 | Dm | 𝄎 | Gm | A7 | Dm | "My... Darl-ing I love you so."
🗝️ D Minor
Numbered Circles: Chord fingering - number inside circle indicates which finger to use
Unmarked strings: Play open
X: Don't play string
Barre Line: One finger holds down multiple strings
R: Root Note
Right Handed Charts:
Please Note: When playing Bb6, it may be easier to barre the first fret (strings 1-5). It has no effect on the sound and may be a little more comfortable.
C9 is a great chord to learn - with practice, it is very easy to play and you will find yourself using it time and time again to 'spice' things up.
Left Handed Charts: