Bad Case Of Loving You chords
by Robert Palmer
- Bad Case Of Loving You (Doctor Doctor) is a song written by Moon Martin - an American singer, songwriter and guitarist. The song was originally recorded by Martin in 1978 and later recorded by Robert Palmer and released July, 1986 from his album, Secrets.
- Music: E Major in 4/4 time at 146 bpm.
- Chords: E, A, B, Bb, A/C#, D/E
- Power Chords: E5, A5, B5, Bb5 D5/E
- Please Note: You can play this song using normal chords or power chords - all of which are the bottom 3 strings of each barre chord except for D5/E which are the bottom 4 strings... all charts below.
- The distortion pedal will be tapping you on the shoulder for this one!
Barre Line: One finger holds down multiple strings R: Root Note
Unmarked strings: Play open X: Don't play string B: Bass Note
Bad Case Of Loving You
Intro: 4/4 (Drums) ‖ E5 | / / / D5/E| E5 | who-oa... ‖ ‖ E5 | / / / D5/E| E5 | ‖ ‖ E5 D5/E E5 1. The hot summer night Fell like a net D5/E A B5 E5 | / / / D5/E | I've got - ta find My ba-by yet E5 D5/E E5 I need you To soothe my head A B5 E5 | / / / D5/E | Turn my blue Heart to red E5 N.C. Chorus: Doc-tor Doc-tor gim-me the news E5 N.C. I got a Bad case of lovin' you A No pill's gonna cure my ill, I’ve got a... E5 B5 E5 | / / / D5/E| E5 | 𝄎 | Bad case of lov-in' you E5 D5/E E5 2. A pret-ty face Don't make no pret - ty heart D5/E A B5 E5 I learned that Bud-dy from the start D5/E E5 D5/E E5 You think I'm cute A lit - tle bit shy A B5 E5 | / / / D5/E | Ma-ma I Ain't that kind of guy E5 N.C. Chorus: Doc-tor Doc-tor gim-me the news E5 N.C. I got a Bad case of lovin' you A No pill's gonna cure my ill I’ve got a... E5 B5 E5 |/// D5/E | E5 | 𝄎 | Bad case of lov-in' you... Wo-oh Solo: ‖ E5 |/// D5/E| E5 | 𝄎 | A | 𝄎 | B5 |/// Bb5 ‖ A E Bridge: I know you like it You like it on top A A/C# B5 | 𝄎 | 𝄎 | Tell me mam - ma Are you gon-na stop? | E5 |/// D5/E | E5 | N.C. | E5 D5/E E5 3. You had me down Twenty-one to zip D5/E A B5 E5 Smile of Ju - das On your lip D5/E E5 D5/E E5 Shake my fist Knock on wood A B5 E5 | / / / D5/E | I’ve got it bad and I got it good E5 N.C. Chorus: Doc-tor Doc-tor gimme the news__ E5 N.C. I’ve got a Bad case of lovin' you A No pill's gonna cure my ill I’ve got a... E5 B5 E5 | /B /A /G /E | Bad case of lov-in' you...
Please Note: There are a number of ways to play these chords. If you are using barre chords or power chords, it is easier to play some of the chords higher up the neck e.g., the transition from E5 to D5/E becomes much easier.