Bad Case Of Loving You chords and lyrics
by Robert Palmer
- Bad Case Of Loving You (Doctor Doctor) is a song written by Moon Martin - an American singer, songwriter and guitarist. The song was originally recorded by Martin in 1978 and later recorded by Robert Palmer and released July, 1986 from his album, Secrets.
- Music: E Major in 4/4 time at 146 bpm.
- Chords: E, A, B, Bb, A/C#, D/E
- Power Chords: E5, A5, B5, Bb5 D5/E
- Please Note: You can play this song using normal chords or power chords - all of which are the bottom 3 strings of each barre chord except for D5/E which are the bottom 4 strings... all charts below.
Bad Case Of Loving You by Robert Palmer
Intro: 4/4 (Drums) || E5 |/// D5/E| E5 | who-oa...|| || E5 |/// D5/E| E5 | % || E5 D5/E E5 1. The hot summer night___ Fell like a net D5/E A B5 E5 |/// D5/E | I've got - ta find____ My ba-by yet E5 D5/E E5 I need you____ To soothe my head A B5 E5 |/// D5/E | Turn my blue____ Heart to red E5 N.C. Chorus: Doc-tor Doc-tor gim-me the news E5 N.C. I got a___ Bad case of lovin' you A No pill's gonna cure my ill, I’ve got a... E5 B5 E5 |/// D5/E| E5 | % | Bad case of lov-in' you E5 D5/E E5 2. A pret-ty face___ Don't make no pret - ty heart D5/E A B5 E5 I learned that___ Bud-dy from the start D5/E E5 D5/E E5 You think I'm cute____ A lit - tle bit shy A B5 E5 |/// D5/E | Ma-ma I___ Ain't that kind of guy E5 N.C. Chorus: Doc-tor Doc-tor gim-me the news E5 N.C. I got a___ Bad case of lovin' you A No pill's gonna cure my ill I’ve got a... E5 B5 E5 |/// D5/E | E5 | % | Bad case of lov-in' you... Wo-oh Solo: || E5 |/// D5/E| E5 | % | A | % | B5 |/// Bb5|| A E Bridge: I know you like it___ You like it on top A A/C# B5 | % | % | Tell me mam - ma____ Are you gon-na stop? | E5 |/// D5/E | E5 | N.C. | E5 D5/E E5 3. You had me down___ Twenty-one to zip D5/E A B5 E5 Smile of Ju - das___ On your lip D5/E E5 D5/E E5 Shake my fist___ Knock on wood A B5 E5 |/// D5/E | I’ve got it bad___ and I got it good E5 N.C. Chorus: Doc-tor Doc-tor gimme the news__ E5 N.C. I’ve got a___ Bad case of lovin' you A No pill's gonna cure my ill I’ve got a... E5 B5 E5 | /B /A /G /E | Bad case of lov-in' you...
🗝️ E Major
Numbered Circles: Chord fingering - number inside circle indicates which finger to use
Unmarked strings: Play open
X: Don't play string
Barre Line: One finger holds down multiple strings
R: Root Note
B: Bass Note
Right Handed Charts:
Please Note: There are a number of ways to play these chords. If you are using barre chords or power chords, it is easier to play some of the chords higher up the neck as the transition from E5 to D5/E for example is much easier.
Left Handed Charts: