Wide Awake chords
by Katy Perry
- Wide Awake was written by Katy Perry, Bonnie McKee, Lukasz Gottwald, Max Martin and Henry Walter. The song was recorded in 2012 with the release of the single on May 22nd, 2012 from the album Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection
- Music: Key of F Major in 4/4 time at 160 bpm (♩)
- Chords: Gm, Bb, F, C OR Gm7, Bb, F, Csus4
- Easier in D Major with chords: Em, G, D, A OR Em7, G, D, Asus4
- All chord charts in F Major and D Major can be found below including alternative voicings. Transposer available for any other key.
Barre Line: One finger holds down multiple strings R: Root Note
Unmarked strings: Play open X: Don't play string B: Bass Note
Right Handed Charts in D Major:
Left Handed Charts in D Major:
Easy Version - Capo on 3rd fret if playing with the videoSong Key is highlighted - Transpose to any other key
Intro: 4/4 Em G D A I'm wide a-wake | | | | Em G D A I'm wide a-wake | | | | Em G 1. I'm wide a-wake Yeah, I was in the dark D A I was fal-ling hard With an o-pen heart Em G D A I'm wide a-wake How did I read the stars so wrong?| | Em G I'm wide a-wake And now it's clear to me D A That ev'-ry-thing you see Ain't al-ways what it seems Em G D A I'm wide a-wake Yeah, I was dream-ing for so long | | Em G Bridge: I wish I knew then What I know now D A Would-n't dive in Would-n't bow down Em G Grav-i-ty hurts You made it so sweet D A Till I woke up on On the con-crete Em G D A Em G D A Chorus: Fal-ling from cloud nine | | Crash-ing from the hi-i-i-igh Em G D A Em G D A I'm let-ting go to-night | | Yeah I'm fal-ling from cloud ni-i-i-ine Em G 2. I'm wide a-wake Not lo-sing a-ny sleep D A I picked up ev'-ry piece And land-ed on my feet Em G D A I'm wide a-wake Need noth-ing to com-plete my-self, no-o Em G I'm wide a-wake Yeah I am born a-gain D A Out of the li-on's den I don't have to pre-tend Em G D A And it's too late The stor-y's o-ver now the end | | Em G Bridge: I wish I knew then What I know now D A Would-n't dive in Would-n't bow down Em G Grav-i-ty hurts You made it so sweet D A 'Til I woke up on On the con-crete Em G D A Em G D A Chorus: Fal-ling from cloud nine | | Crash-ing from the hi-i-i-igh Em G D A Em G D A I'm let-ting go to-night | | Yeah I'm fal-ling from cloud ni-i-i-ine Em G D A Chorus: Fal-ling from cloud nine (It was out of the blue I'm) Em G D A Crash-ing from the hi-i-i-igh Em G D A I'm let-ting go to-night (Yeah I'm rea-dy to go I'm) Em G D A I'm fal-ling from cloud ni-i-i-ine Em G D A 3. (I'm wide a-wake) Thund-er rumb-ling Cast-les crumb-ling Em G D A (I'm wide a-wake) I am try-ing to hold o-o-o-on Em G D A (I'm wide a-wake) God knows that I tried See-ing the bright side Em G D A (I'm wide a-wake) But I'm not blind any-mo-o-o-ore Em G D A Interlude: I'm wide a-wake | | | | Em G D A I'm wide a-wake | | | | Em G D A Chorus: Yeah, I'm fal-ling from cloud nine (It was out of the blue, I'm) Em G D A Crash-ing from the hi-i-i-igh Em G D A You know I'm let-ting go to-night (Yeah, I'm rea-dy to go, I'm) Em G D A I'm fal-ling from cloud ni-i-i-ine Em G D A Outro: I'm wide a-wake | | | | Em G D A I'm wide a-wake | | | | Em G D A I'm wide a-wake | | | | Em G D A I'm wide a-wake | | | | Em I'm wide a-wake...
- Level Of Ease: Easy with capo, and a little harder without as you will need to know one or two barre chords, namely Gm and Bb.
- Song Key: This version of the song is in the key of F Major (1 flat - Bb)
- For the sake of beginners, we will place a capo on the 3rd fret and play in the key of D Major.
D Major + 3 semitones (capo on third fret) = F Major
- If you do want to play in the key of F major, replace | Em | G | D | A | with | Gm | Bb | F | C |
- Capo Users: You can replace Em with Em7 (020000 / 020030 / 022030), and A with Asus4 (x02230) if you like... see what you think. I have kept the song as simple as possible so everyone can play along.
- You can download a copy of the song without a capo. This is also in a simple format. In this key you can replace Gm with Gm7 (353333), and C with Csus4 (x33011).
Katy Perry was born Katheryn Elizabeth Hudson on the 25th October 1984 in Santa Barbara, California, U.S. She is a singer, songwriter, actress, philanthropist and businesswoman whose instruments include vocals, guitar and piano. She has been performing since 2000 and her music styles include pop and rock music.
Katy Perry began her career singing gospel music in her parents' ministry between the ages of 9 and 17. It was here that she was first noticed, and through perseverance and hard work, she has grafted a successful career and has become a world-wide favorite.
Although her first album didn't reach great heights, her second album, One Of The Boys, sold about 3 million copies globally. The singles released from the second album were, I Kissed A Girl (Number 1 On The US Billboard Chart), Hot n Cold (Number 3), Waking Up In Vegas (Top 10), and Thinking Of You (Top 30).
In August 2010 Katy Perry released her new album, Teenage Dream. This album was written in collaboration with Katy and a number of other writers. It had 6 hits world-wide including, California Gurls, The One That Got Away, and Fireworks to name a few. All three singles reached the top 5 on The US Billboard Chart, with the album selling over 5 million copies world-wide.
In 2012, the album was re-released with the name, Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection. The album debuted at number 1 on The Billboard Hot 100. This release featured 3 singles; Part Of Me, and 2 new tracks, Dressing Up and Wide Awake. In June 2012, Wide Awake was in the top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100.
Official Website: katyperry.com