The Lady In Red chords
by Chris de Burgh
- The Lady In Red was written by British-Irish singer-songwriter Chris de Burgh.
- Released: June 20, 1986
- Album: Into the Light
- Music: Bb Major in 2/2 time at 77 bpm (moderately slow)
- Chords: Bb, Bbmaj7, Bb7, Bb7/F, Cm, Cm7, D, D7, Eb, Ebmaj7, Eb(add2), F, F7, F/A, F(add9), Gm, Gm/F, Gm/E
Barre Line: One finger holds down multiple strings R: Root Note
Unmarked strings: Play open X: Don't play string B: Bass Note
Lady In RedSong Key is highlighted - Transpose to any other key
Drums: 4 Bars Bb Ebmaj7 F Bb Ebmaj7 F Intro: 2/2 ‖ | 𝄎 | | | | 𝄎 | | ‖ Bb Ebmaj7 Fadd9 1. I've ne-ver seen you look-ing so love-ly as you did to-night D7 D Gm F Eb I've nev-er seen you shine so bright Mm mm mm mm Bb Ebmaj7 Fadd9 I've nev-er seen so ma-ny men ask you if you want-ed to dance D7 D Gm Bb7/F Eb They're look-ing for a lit-tle ro-mance Giv-en half a chance Cm And I have nev-er seen that dress you're wear-ing F7 Gm F Or the high-lights in your hair that catch your eyes I have been blind F Bb Bbmaj7 Ebadd2 Chorus: La-dy in Red | | | F Gm F/A Gm Is dan-cing with me _ Cheek to cheek Cm7 There's no-bo-dy here | 𝄎 | F7 Bb Bb7 It's just you and me I'ts where I wan-na be Eb But I har-dly kno-o-o-o-ow D Gm Gm/F Gm/E This beau-ty by my side | | | Cm7 F I'll nev-er for-get | 𝄎 | | F Bb The way you look to-night Bb Ebmaj7 F Bb Ebmaj7 F Instr:‖ | 𝄎 | | | | 𝄎 | | ‖ (night) Bb Ebmaj7 Fadd9 2. I've nev-er seen you look-ing so gor-geous as you did to-night D7 D Gm F Eb I've nev-er seen you shine so bright You were a-ma-zing Bb Ebmaj7 Fadd9 I've nev-er seen so many peo-ple want to be there by your side D7 D Gm Bb7/F Eb And when you turn-ed to me and smiled It took my breath a-way Cm And I have ne-ver had such a feel-ing F7 Gm F Such a feel-ing of comp-lete and utt-er love As I do to-night F Bb Bbmaj7 Ebadd2 Chorus: La-dy in | Red | | | F Gm F/A Gm Is dan-cing with me _ Cheek to cheek Cm7 There's no-bo-dy here | 𝄎 | F7 Bb Bb7 It's just you and me I'ts where I wan-na be Eb But I har-dly kno-o-o-o-ow D Gm Gm/F Gm/E This beau-ty by my side | | | Cm7 F I'll nev-er for-get | 𝄎 | | F Gm Gm/F Gm/E The way you look to-night | | | Cm7 I nev-er will for-get | 𝄎 | F7 Bb The way you look to-(night) Bb Ebmaj7 F | (night)| 𝄎 | | La-dy in red | Bb Ebmaj7 F | | 𝄎 | | La-dy in red | Bb Ebmaj7 F | | 𝄎 | | La-dy in red | Bb Ebmaj7 F Bb | | 𝄎 | My| La-dy in | red | 𝄎 |...
- There are many different ways to play these chords. We have used voicings that are all within close proximity to each other.
- The Gm run uses a particular voicing for easy transition from one chord to the next.
- There are a couple of Eb major chords you can try. The first uses a D shape chord while the second uses a C shape chord with a mini barre on fret 3 - you can use a full barre over the first 5 strings for ease as it has no effect on the chord as all notes are covered on strings 4 & 5.
Chris de Burgh
Born: Christopher John Davison on October 15, 1938 in Venado Tuerto, Santa Fe Province, Argentina. His father was a British Diplomat and his mother, an Irish secretary. His professional career began in County Wexford, Ireland.
Music Styles: Soft Rock, Pop, Art Rock
Profession: Singer, songwriter, musician
Instruments: Vocals, guitar, piano
Active Years: 1974-present
Official Website: cdeb.com