Ireland's Call chords & lyrics
by Celtic Thunder
- Ireland's Call was composed in 1995 by Irish songwriter, musician and record producer - Phil Coulter.
- This version by Celtic Thunder is featured on their album, The Very Best of Celtic Thunder.
- Music: D Major with a key change to E♭ in 12/8 time at 92 bpm (♩.)
- Chords: D, Dsus4, G, Bm, A → key change → E♭, A♭, Cm, B♭
Ireland's Call by Celtic Thunder
12/8 Key of D Major & Eb Major Intro: Ireland, Ireland... D G D 1. Side by side, we stand like bro-thers D Bm G A One for all and all to-ge-ther Bm G D G We will stay u-ni-ted through dark-er days G A D Dsus4 D And we'll be un-beat-able for-e-ver D G Chorus: Ire-land, Ire-land D Bm A To-ge-ther, stand-ing tall D G Shoul-der to shoul-der D A D | G - D | We'll an-swer Ire-land's call D G D 2. Come the day, and come the hour D Bm G A Some will live in song and sto-ry Bm G D G We were born to fol-low our guid-ing star G A D Dsus4 D And to meet our des-ti-ny with glo-ry D G Chorus: Ire-land, Ire-land D Bm To-ge-ther, stand-ing tall D G Shoul-der to shoul-der D A D | G - D | We'll an-swer Ire-land's call D G D 3. Hearts of steel and heads un-bow-ing D Bm G A Vow-ing ne-ver to be bro-ken Bm G D G We will fight un-til we can fight no more G A D Dsus4 D Till our fi-nal re-qui-em is spo-ken D G Chorus: Ire-land, Ire-land D Bm A To-ge-ther, stand-ing tall D G Shoul-der to shoul-der D A D We'll an-swer Ire-land's call Instrumental:|(call) | | | (key change)| Eb Ab Chorus: Ire-land, Ire-land Eb Cm Bb To-ge-ther, stand-ing tall Eb Ab Shoul-der to shoul-der Eb Bb Eb - Ab We'll an-swer Ire-land's call Eb Bb Eb We'll an-swer Ire-land's call
- Free Music Transposition Simply highlight & copy the entire song chart above - then click on the link... more
- Key, note & chord transposition chart
- ⏬ Irelands Call chords and lyrics
🗝️ D Major → Eb
Numbered Circles: Chord fingering - number inside circle indicates which finger to use
Unmarked strings: Play open
X: Don't play string
Barre Line: One finger holds down multiple strings
R: Root Note
Right Handed Charts:
Left Handed Charts:
- The key change only comes into play if you are playing with the video... otherwise just play the last chorus the same as the others.
- If you do play the key change you will need to play some barre chords which are all fairy easy. The E♭, B♭, and A♭are probably best played in the 2nd position around frets 4-8 highlighted in grey. This way movement from 1 barre chord to the next is within close reach. You will find 2 options for Cm - the first is a little closer to Eb & Bb, but you may prefer the alternative option.
- 12/8 time signifies 12 beats to the bar with each beat having a value of an eighth-note or quaver. This beat is commonly seen in marching tunes. If you were counting each bar, you could count it as | 1 2 3 4 | where each beat is equal to 3 eighth-notes (4x3=12), in which case you would count each bar as |1&& 2&& 3&& 4&&| where each of the 12 beats is taken into account... | 123 456 789 10-11-12|
- Tempo: 92 bpm (♩.) means the metronome sounds on every dotted quarter-note which is equal to 3 eighth-notes i.e., beats 1, 4, 7, 10 of the 12 eighth-notes, otherwise the metronome would be flying out the door!
- Song Key: D Major - 2 sharps (F#, C#)
- Key Change: E♭ Major - 3 flats ( B♭, E ♭, A♭)