Imagine chords & lyrics
by John Lennon
- Imagine was written by John Lennon.
- Recorded: Ascot Sound Studios (Ascot), and Record Plant East (New York)
- Released: Oct 11, 1971 from the album of the same name.
- Music: Key of C Major in 4/4 time at ~ 72 bpm (♩)
- Chords: C, Cmaj7, F, G, G7, E7, Am, Dm, Dm7
Imagine by John Lennon
Intro: 4/4 | C / / Cmaj7 | F | C / / Cmaj7 | F | C Cmaj7 F C Cmaj7 F 1. Im-agine there’s no hea-ven___ It's easy if you try-y C Cmaj7 F C Cmaj7 F No hell be - low us___ A-bove us on - ly sky-y F Am Dm - Dm7 G G7 Imag-ine all the peo-ple___ Li-ving for to-day Ah... C Cmaj7 F C Cmaj7 F 2. Im-agine there's no count-ries___ It isn't hard to do-o C Cmaj7 F C Cmaj7 F Noth-ing to kill or die for___ And no re-li-gion too-oo F Am Dm - Dm7 G G7 Im-agine all the peo-ple___ Li-ving life in peace Yoo-hoo... F G | C / Cmaj7 E7 | Chorus: You may sa-a-a-ay___ I'm a dream-er-er-er F G | C / Cmaj7 E7 | But I'm not the on-ly one F G | C / Cmaj7 E7 | I hope some da-a-a-ay___ You'll join u-u-us F G C And the wo-o-o-orld___ Will be as one C Cmaj7 F C Cmaj7 F 3. Im-agine no pos–ses-sions___ I won-der if you ca-an C Cmaj7 F C Cmaj7 F No need for greed or hun-ger___ A bro-ther-hood of ma-an F Am Dm - Dm7 G G7 Im-agine all the peo-ple____ Shar-ing all the world Yoo-hoo... F G | C / Cmaj7 E7 | Chorus: You may sa-a-a-ay___ I'm a dream-er-er-er F G | C / Cmaj7 E7 | But I'm not the on-ly one___ F G | C / Cmaj7 E7 | I hope some da-a-a-ay___ You'll join u-u-us F G C ... And the wo-o-o-orld___ Will live as one
Numbered Circles: Chord fingering - number inside circle indicates which finger to use
White Numbered Circles: Optional Notes
Unmarked strings: Play open
X: Don't play string
Barre Line: One finger holds down multiple strings
R: Root Note
Right Handed Charts:
Left Handed Charts:
- Level Of Ease: Easy (all open chords)
- Song Key: C Major - no sharps or flats
- This live version has a 2 bar intro whereas the recorded version has a 4 bar intro. I included the 4 bars which is simply a repeat of the first 2 bars.
- | C / / Cmaj7 | - The simile marks ( / ) indicate the previous chord is to be repeated. In this example the C chord is played for 3 beats, while the Cmaj7 is played for 1 beat.
- If you are unsure of any chords, you can visit the guitar chords page. Here you will find charts for all chord types and formulas for each chord.