Constant Craving chords & lyrics
by K D Lang
- Constant Craving was written by K D Lang & Ben Mink. The song was recorded in 1991 and released in 1992 with a re-release in 1993 from the album Ingénue.
- Music: Key of F Minor in 4/4 time at ~ 128 bpm
- Chords: Fm, Cm7, D♭/E♭, D♭, D♭/G♭, E♭, E♭/D♭, G♭, A♭
- Easier - Capo on the 1st fret: and play in the key of Em
- Chords with Capo: Em, Bm7, C/D, C, C/F, D, D/C, F, G
Constant Craving by K D Lang
Capo on 1st fret if playing with video
Intro: 4/4 | Em | Bm7 | C/D | C | Em | Bm7 | C/D | C/D | Em Bm7 C/D Em Bm7 C/D | C/D | 1. E - ven___ Through the dar-kest phase___ Be it___ Thick or thin Em Bm7 C/D Em Bm7 C/D | C/D | Al - ways___ Some-one mar-ches brave___ Here___ Be - neath my skin____ (and) C D Bm7 Em C/F F Em | Em | Chorus: Con-stant___ Cra-ving___ Has al - ways been Em Bm7 C/D Em Bm7 C/D | C/D | 2. May - be___ A great mag-net pulls___ All souls___ To-wards truth Em Bm7 C/D Em Bm7 C/D | C/D | Or may-be___ It is life it-self___ Feeds wis - dom___To its youth C D Bm7 Em C/F F Em | Em | Chorus: Con-stant___ Cra-ving___ Has al - ways been D/C C G D/C C ** Cra - ving___ Ah – ha___ Con-stant___ Cra-ving D C D C | C | Has al- ways been___ Has al-ways been Instr: | Em | Bm7 | C/D | C | Em | Bm7 | C/D | C | | Em | Bm7 | C/D | C | Em | Bm7 | C/D | C | C D Bm7 Em C/F F Em | Em | Chorus: Con-stant Cra - ving___ Has al - ways been C D Bm7 Em C/F F | G - - - | | Con-stant Cra - ving___ Has al - ways been (Drums) D/C C G D/C C ** Cra - ving___ Ah Ha___ Con-stant Cra - ving D C D C Has al - ways been___ Has al - ways been D C D C ... Has al - ways been___ Has al - ways been
Numbered Circles: Chord fingering - number inside circle indicates which finger to use
Unmarked strings: Play open
X: Don't play string
Barre Line: One finger holds down multiple strings
R: Root Note
B: Bass Note
Right Handed Charts:
Left Handed Charts:
- Level Of Ease: Easy with a capo
- Chords with a forward slash followed by another chord simply means you play the first chord leading with the bass note after the forward slash
D/C signifies a D chord leading with a C bass note
C/F signifies a C chord leading with an F bass note.
C/D signifies a C chord leading with a D Bass note which is an open 4th string... a very easy one-finger chord... xx0010
- Beginners don't have to play the bass notes... it still sounds fine. Instead of C/F - play C; instead of C/D - play C; instead of D/C - play D.
- Song Key: Fm... 4 flats - B♭, E♭, A♭, D♭... (relative minor of A♭ Major)
- Song Key with capo: Em... 1 sharp - F#... (relative minor of G Major)
- Tempo: Lively rock tempo of around 128 bpm. (Allegro)
- | G - - - | Drums | means you play the G chord on the first beat of the bar and stop for the remainder of the bar and the following bar except for the drums.
|Capo: Fret 1||Em||Bm7||C/D||C/F||C||D||D/C||F||G|