Constant Craving chords
by K D Lang
- Constant Craving was written by K D Lang & Ben Mink. The song was recorded in 1991 and released in 1992 with a re-release in 1993 from the album Ingénue.
- Music: Key of F Minor in 4/4 time at ~ 128 bpm
- Chords: Fm, Cm7, D♭/E♭, D♭, D♭/G♭, E♭, E♭/D♭, G♭, A♭
- Easier to play in the key of Em
- Chords in Em: Em, Bm7, C/D, C, C/F, D, D/C, F, G, Gmaj7
Barre Line: One finger holds down multiple strings R: Root Note
Unmarked strings: Play open X: Don't play string B: Bass Note
Constant Craving chords
Capo on 1st fret if playing with the video
Intro: 4/4 | Em | Bm7 | C/D | C | Em | Bm7 | C/D | C/D | Em Bm7 C/D Em Bm7 C/D | C/D | 1. E - ven Through the dar-kest phase Be it Thick or thin Em Bm7 C/D Em Bm7 C/D | C/D | Al - ways Some-one mar-ches brave Here Be - neath my skin _ (and) C D/C Gmaj7 Em F Em | Em | Chorus: Con-stant Cra - ving Has al - ways been Em Bm7 C/D Em Bm7 C/D | C/D | 2. May - be A great mag-net pulls All souls To-wards truth Em Bm7 C/D Em Bm7 C/D | C/D | Or may-be It is life it-self Feeds wis - dom To its youth C D/C Gmaj7 Em F Em | Em | Chorus: Con-stant Cra - ving Has al - ways been D/C C G D/C C ** Cra - ving Ah – ha Con-stant Cra - ving D C D C | C | Has al- ways been Has al-ways been Instr: | Em | Bm7 | C/D | C | Em | Bm7 | C/D | C | | Em | Bm7 | C/D | C | Em | Bm7 | C/D | C | C D/C Gmaj7 Em F Em | Em | Chorus: Con-stant Cra - ving Has al - ways been C D/C Gmaj7 Em F | G - - - | | Con-stant Cra - ving Has al - ways been (Drums) D/C C G D/C C ** Cra - ving Ah Ha Con-stant Cra - ving D C D C Has al - ways been Has al - ways been D C D C ... Has al - ways been Has al - ways been
- Chords with a forward slash followed by another chord simply means you play the first chord leading with the bass note after the forward slash
D/C signifies a D chord leading with a C bass note
C/D signifies a C chord leading with a D Bass note which is an open 4th string with the chord starting on the 3rd fret... xx0553. It has a very open sound and works well.
C/D can also be played as xx0010 which also sound good. Think of it as a C chord without fingers 2 and 3.
- Beginners don't have to play the bass notes... it still sounds fine. Instead of C/F - play C; instead of C/D - play C; instead of D/C - play D.
- | G - - - | Drums | means you play the G chord on the first beat of the bar and stop for the remainder of the bar and the following bar except for the drums.
- For all other transpositions along with lyrics, use the Free Transposition Service.