Fire chords and lyrics
by The Pointer Sisters
- Fire was written by Bruce Springsteen in 1977.
- Recorded by The Pointer Sisters: 1978
- Released: Oct 2, 1978 (US) & March 9, 1979 (UK) - from the album Energy.
- Key: Db Major with chords Db, Ebm, Bbm, Gb, Ab
- Music: 4/4 time at ~ 118 bpm
- Easier: Capo on 1 - Play in C major
- Chords in C major: C, Dm, Am, F, G
Fire by The Pointer Sisters
Capo on 1 if playing with video
↓ ↓ Intro: 4/4 || C | % | % | % | C | % | C | % || C 1. I'm ri-din' in your car___ You turn on the ra-di-o Dm C You're pull-in' me close___ I just say no Dm Am I say I don't like it___ But you know I'm a li-ar F G | C | % | % | % | 'Cause when we kiss___ Oo – oo___ Fire C 2. Late at night___ You're ta-kin' me home Dm C You say you wan-na stay___ I say I wan-na be a-lone Dm Am I say I don't love you___ But you know I'm a li-ar F G | C | % | % | % | 'Cause when we kiss___ Oo – oo___ Fire F C Chorus: You had a hold on me___ Right from the start G C A grip so tight___ I could-n't tear it a-part F C My nerves are jump-in'___ Act-in' like a fool Dm G Well your kis-ses that burn___ But my heart stays coo - ool C 3. A Ro-me-o and Ju-li-et___ Samp-son and De-lih-la Dm C Ba-by you can bet___ A love they could-n't de-ny Dm Am My words say split___ But my words say lie F G | C | % | 'Cause when we kiss___ Oo - oo___ Fire Solo: | C | % | % | % | Dm | % | C | % | | Dm | % | Am | % | F | G | (Oo - oo) C | Fire | - kisses like | Fire | burn me up with | C | Fire | I like what you're doin' now | C | Fire | Touchin' me with | C | Fire | Tou-chin me burnin' me with | C | Fire - Take me home | % | Fire |...
Numbered Circles: Chord fingering - number inside circle indicates which finger to use
Unmarked strings: Play open
X: Don't play string
Barre Line: One finger holds down multiple strings
R: Root Note
Right Handed Charts:
Left Handed Charts:
The Pointer Sisters
Origin: Oakland, California, U.S.
Music Styles: R&B, Soul, Pop, Dance, Jazz, Country, Gospel, Post-disco
Active Years: 1969 - present
Members: Sisters, June and Bonnie Pointer began performing in 1969. They became a trio when Anita joined them, and expanded to a quartet when sister Ruth joined them in December, 1972.
- Ruth Pointer - Born March 19, 1946
- Anita Pointer - Born Anita Marie Pointer - January 23, 1948.
- Bonnie Pointer - Born Patricia Eva "Bonnie" Pointer - July 11, 1950.
- June Pointer - Born June Antoinette Pointer - November 30, 1953. Died after a battle with cancer on April 11, 2006 at the age of 52 in Los Angeles, California, U.S.
Another song by The Pointer Sisters on this site: