Everyone's Waiting chords & lyrics
by Missy Higgins
- Everyone's Waiting was written by Missy Higgins & Dan Wilson. It was released as a single on June 19, 2012 from the album The Ol' Razzle Dazzle.
- Music: Key of F# Major in 6/8 time at 160 bpm (♩)... charts below
- Chords: F#, B, B/F#, Bsus2, C#, C#sus2, C#7, G#m, D#m, D#sus2
- Easier: Capo on 1 and play in F Major
- Chords with Capo: F, B♭, B♭/F, B♭sus2, C, Csus2, C7, Gm, Dm, Dsus2
Everyone's Waiting by Missy Higgins
Capo on 1st fret if playing with video
Intro: 6/8 | F Bb/F | F | Bb | F | Oo-oo-oo Oo-oo Oo... Oo-oo-oo Oo-oo Oo... | Dm Bb | F | C - C7 | C | Oo-oo-oo Oo-oo Oo-oo-oo Oo F Bb F 1. I know all the lines to say F Bb F The part I'm ex-pec-ted to play Dm Bb F C - C7 | C | But in the ref-lec-tion I am worlds a-way F Bb F 2. As I put my cos-tume on F Bb F Eye-la-shes one by one Dm Bb F C - C7 Been do-ing this so long I can tie the knot C Bb Be-hind my back F | Bb | Chorus: And ev'ry-one's wait-ing Gm C F Bb But it's get-ting hard-er to hear what my heart is say-ing Gm C 'Cos ev'-ry-one's wait-ing... Instr: | F - Bb | F | F - Bb | F | C - C7 | C | F Bb F 2. Just swal-low and breathe, she says F Bb F Re-mem-ber this ain't for you it's for them Dm Bb F C - C7 And all of those pain-ful les-sons you've had to learn C Bb C | C - C7 | You got-ta use them now or ne-ver... C F | Bb | Chorus: 'Cos ev'ry-one's wait-ing Gm C F Bb But it's getting hard-er to hear what my heart keeps say-ing Gm C Turn it off___ I wan-na turn it all off Instr: | Dm | Dsus2 | C | Csus2 | Bb | Bbsus2 | Gm - Am | Bb - C | Bridge: | F Bb/F | F | Bb | F | C - C7 | C | Oo-oo-oo Oo-oo Oo... Oo-oo-oo Oo-oo Oo... F | Bb | Chorus: When ev'ry-one's wait-ing Gm C F Bb It makes it hard-er to hear what my heart keeps say-ing Gm C Turn it off___ I wan-na turn it all off F Bb Chorus: But ev'-ry-one's wait-ing Gm C F Bb I hear that an-swers ap-pear when you just stand still Gm C But make it all___ How do you make it all stop Bb When ev'-ry-one's wait-ing C | Dm | Dsus2 | Bb | Ev'-ry-one's wait-ing...
Numbered Circles: Chord fingering - number inside circle indicates which finger to use
Unmarked strings: Play open
X: Don't play string
Barre Line: One finger holds down multiple strings
R: Root Note
B: Bass Note
Right Handed Charts:
Left Handed Charts:
- Level Of Ease: Moderate with a capo - you will need to know some barre chords. (B♭ and maybe F depending on your preference).
- Song Key: F# major (6 sharps - F#, C#, G#, D#, A#, E# )
- Song Key with capo: F major (1 flat - Bb)
- 6/8 Time: 6 eighth-note/quaver beats per bar, therefore the count is | 1 2 3 4 5 6 |, etc.
- Tempo: approx. 160 bpm with various fluctuations throughout the song.
- We have placed a capo on the first fret and play in the key of F Major ( Audibly, it will still sound in the key of F#)
- This song uses sus2 chords which work very well. A suspended 2nd chord is simply a chord which playes a major 2nd instead of a major 3rd in the chord, therefore the chord formula is 1 - 2 - 5... the tonic followed by a major 2nd followed by a perfect 5th, e.g., Dsus2 is made up of D E A while, Csus2 is made up of C - D - G, and Bbsus2 is made up of B♭ - C - F.
- Wherever you see a hyphen between 2 chords in a bar means the timing count in that bar is halved for each chord, e.g., | F - B♭ | means 3 beats on F and 3 beats on Bb. Remember the timing is 6 beats per bar.
- Visit the guitar chords page for help with any chords.
- I have used a live version, as the official video has too many distractions like waves crashing and quite a long gap without music towards the end. It may become annoying if you are playing along with the song.
- Great song - talented artist... official video