Silver Bells chords & lyrics
by Jim Reeves
- Silver Bells Music & Lyrics: Jay Livingston & Jay Evans
- Original Key: B♭ Major
- Featured Artist: Jim Reeves from the album 12 Songs Of Christmas.
- Music: Key of F# Major in 3/4 time at ~ 80 bpm (♩)
- Chords: F#, B, G#m, C#7, G#7
- Easier: Play in D Major - Capo on 4 if playing with the video
- Chords in D Major: D, G, Em, A7, E7
Silver Bells by Jim Reeves
Capo on 4th fret if playing with video
Intro: 3/4 D G A7 D Sil-ver Bells___ Sil-ver Bells___ Soon it will be Christ-mas day D G Em 1. Ci-ty side-walks___ Bu-sy side-walks___ Dressed in hol-i-day style A7 D In the air there's a feel-ing of Christ-mas D G E7 Child-ren laugh-ing___ Peo-ple pas-sing___ Meet-ing smile af-ter smile A7 D And on ev’-ry street cor-ner you'll hear____ D G A7 D Chorus: Sil-ver Bells___ Sil-ver Bells___ It's Chris-mas time in the ci-ty D G A7 D Ring-a-ling___ Hear them ring___ Soon it will be Chris-tmas day D G Em 2. Strings of street lights___ Ev-en stop lights___ Blink a bright red and green A7 D As the shop-pers rush home with their trea-sures D G E7 Hear the snow crunch___ See the kids bunch___ This is San-ta's big scene A7 D And a-bove all this bus-tle you'll hear D G A7 D Chorus: Sil-ver Bells___ Sil-ver Bells___ It's Chris-mas time in the ci-ty D G A7 D Ring-a-ling___ Hear them ring___ Soon it will be Chris-tmas day A7 D ... Soon it will be... Chris-tmas day
🗝️ A Major
Numbered Circles: Chord fingering - number inside circle indicates which finger to use
White Numbered Circles: Optional Notes
Unmarked strings: Play open
X: Don't play string
Barre Line: One finger holds down multiple strings
R: Root Note
Right Handed Charts:
Left Handed Charts:
- The original song is in the key of B♭Major and the chords include B♭, E♭, Cm, F7, C7
- Song Key for this version: F# Major ... 6 sharps - F#, C#, G#, D#, A#, E#.
- If you are playing with the video: To make it easier so that everyone can play along, there are a couple of options available.
Option 1: (Easy option) Use a capo on the 2nd fret and play in E Major... E, A, F#m, B7 & F#7
Option 2: (Easiest option) Use a capo on the 4th fret and play in D Major... D, G, Em, A7 & E7. We will using this option for our session.
- If you are playing on your own (without the video) you can choose whichever key you like.
Transposition for all mentioned keys:
|Original Published Key: B♭Major||B♭||E♭||Cm||F7||C7|
|Performance: Key F# Major||F#||B||G#m||C#7||G#7|
|Capo: Fret 2 - E Major||E||A||F#m||B7||F#7|
|Capo: Fret 4 - D Major (Chart)||D||G||Em||A7||E7|
Jim Reeves: Born James Travis Reeves on August 20th, 1923 in Galloway, Texas, U.S. He was a Country singer/songwriter who was also known as Gentleman Jim.
He died in a plane crash on the 31st July, 1964 at the early age of 40 in Williamson County, Tennessee, U.S... more
First Recording: Bing Crosby & Carol Richards in 1950.
First Performance: Bob Hope & Marilyn Maxwell in a motion picture called The Lemon Drop Kid. It was filmed between July and August in 1950, and released in March 1951.