Jingle Bell Rock chords
by Hilary Duff
- Jingle Bell Rock - Words & Music: Joseph Carleton Beal and James Ross Boothe
- First Release: 1957 by Bobby Helms
- Original Key: C Major
- Chart Success in 1957: Peaked at No 13 for the US Billboard Most Played C&W by Jockeys, and reached No 6 for the US Billboard Best Seller in Stores
- Featured Artist: Hilary Duff from the album Santa Claus Lane
- Music: A Major with a key change to B♭ Major before the 4th verse in 4/4 time at 140 bpm (♩)
- Chords: A, Amaj7, A6, Bm7, B7, E7, B♭, B♭maj7, B♭6, Cm7, D, F7, E♭, E♭m... charts below
Jingle Bell Rock by Hilary Duff
A Amaj7 Bm7 E7 Intro: | Drums||: Jingle Bell Rock | Jingle Bell Ro - | ock Oo - Woah - Oo | Yeah - eh :|| 4/4 A Amaj7 A6 Amaj7 1. Jin-gle Bell___ Jin-gle Bell___ Jin-gle Bell Rock A6 Amaj7 Bm7 E7 Jin-gle Bells swing and Jin-gle Bells ring Bm7 E7 Bm7 E7 Snow-ing and blow-ing up bush-els of fun Bm7 E7 Now the Jin-gle hop has be-gun A Amaj7 A6 Amaj7 2. Jin-gle Bell___ Jin-gle Bell___ Jin-gle Bell Rock A6 Amaj7 Bm7 E7 Jin-gle Bells chime in Jin-gle Bell time Bm7 E7 Bm7 E7 Danc-ing and pranc-ing in Jin-gle Bell square Bm7 E7 A In the fros-ty air D Bm Bridge: What a bright time___ It's the right time A To rock the night a-way B7 Jin-gle Bell time___ Is a swell time E7 To go glid-ing in a one-horse sleigh A Amaj7 A6 Amaj7 3. Gid-dy-up Jin-gle horse___ Pick up your feet A6 Amaj7 F#7 Jin-gle a-round the clock D Dm Mix and a-min-gle in the jing-ling beat Bm7 E7 A That's the Jin-gle Bell (Rock) A Amaj7 Bm7 E7 | Jingle Bell Rock | Jingle Bell Ro - | ock Oo - Woah - Oo | Yeah - eh | A Amaj7 Bm7 E7 | Jingle Bell Rock | Jingle Bell Ro - | ock Oo - Woah - Oo | Yeah - eh (What a) | D Bm7 Bridge: What a bright time___ It's the right time A To rock the night a-way B7 Jin-gle Bell time___ Is a swell time E7 F7 To go glid-ing in a one-horse leigh___ (key change) a one-horse sleigh Bb Bbmaj7 Bb6 Bbmaj7 4. Jin-gle Bell___ Jin-gle Bell___ Jin-gle Bell Rock Bb6 Bbmaj7 Cm7 F7 Jin-gle Bells swing and Jin-gle Bells ring Cm7 F7 Cm7 F7 Snow-ing and blow-ing up bush-els of fun Cm7 F7 Now the Jin-gle hop has be-gun Bb Bbmaj7 Bb6 Bbmaj7 5. Gid-dy-up Jingle horse___ Pick up your feet Bb6 Bbmaj7 G7 Jin-gle a-round the clock Eb Ebm Mix and a-min-gle in the jing-ling beat Cm7 F7 Cm7 F7 Cm7 F7 Bb… That's the jin-gle Bell___ That's the Jin-gle Bell___ That's the Jin-gle Bell (Rock) Bb Bbmaj7 Cm7 F7 | Jingle Bell Rock | Jingle Bell Ro - | ock Oo - Woah - Oo | Yeah - eh |…repeat and fade
- Free Music Transposition Simply highlight & copy the entire song chart above - then click on the link... more
- Key, note & chord transposition chart
- ⏬ Jingle Bell Rock chords and lyrics - Free Download
🎜Easier version without a key change - Key of D Major
- Sheet Music at MusicaNeo.Com - Various Scores
🗝️ A Major → Bb Major
Numbered Circles: Chord fingering - number inside circle indicates which finger to use
White Numbered Circles: Optional Notes
Unmarked strings: Play open
X: Don't play string
Barre Line: One finger holds down multiple strings
R: Root Note
Right Handed Charts:
Left Handed Charts:
- This version may be a little out of reach for beginners as there are some pretty testing chords in this arrangement... stick with it, and before you know it this song will be a breeze.
- The quarter-note/crotchet rest at the start of the Intro indicates that the drums come in on the 2nd beat of the bar. The next quarter-note/crotchet rest in bar 2 indicates the backing vocals come in on the second beat of that bar.
- ||: :|| means that anything between the 2 colons (:) is to be repeated once. Therefore, the 4 bars of Intro after the first bar of Drums is repeated once - 8 bars in total... just follow the singing if you are unsure.
- (Rock) at the end of verse 3 actually belongs on the first beat of the next bar where the backing vocals come in. This is good to know if you are unsure of the timing.
- Without the key change, the song is pretty easy, and I urge beginners to practice all the chords before the key change. If you are not playing along with the video, you can continue using these chords without a key change, as verses 4 & 5 are repeat verses.