Irish Music - chords and lyrics
Music from the heart
If you have ever had the pleasure of knowing or mixing with the Irish, you will learn how to enjoy everything life has to offer. No matter what the occasion, there is always a story or joke to be told, a jig to dance, music to play, or a song to sing.
We have a few categories available for you to enjoy, and if you like Irish Folk songs, you will have many hours of singing and playing pleasure with this selection - videos, chords & lyrics, chord charts, tips and free downloads.
A beautiful array of some of the most popular and moving Irish Folk Songs. Some of these songs are centuries old, and are still as beautiful today as they were back then. Here are some of the titles:
Adam At The Window
And The Band Played Waltzing Matilda
Banks Of My Own Lovely Lee, The
Black Is The Colour
Bold Fenian Men
Bright Blue Rose
Come Back Paddy Reilly
Dirty Old Town
Fields Of Athenry
The Foggy Dew
Four Green Fields
Goodbye Mrs Durkin
Green Fields Of France
Green Grow The Rushes
Isle Of Innisfree
I Remember You Singing This Song
I Will Love You Ev'ry Time
The Minstrel Boy
Mountains Of Mourne
Mountains Of Pomeroy
My Irish Molly
Only Our Rivers Run Free
Orange And The Green
The Patriot Game
Raggle Taggle Gypsy
Rare Old Times
Red Is The Rose
Rocky Road To Dublin
Song For Ireland
Stone Outside Dan Murphy's Door
Sweet Rosie O'Grady
That's An Irish Lullaby
The Last Great Love Song
The Old Bog Road
The Old Man
The Parting Glass
The Town I Loved So Well
'Tis The Last Rose Of Summer
When Irish Eyes Are Smiling
Whisky In The Jar
Will Ye Go Lassie Go
Free Booklet of 'Irish Folk Songs - Version 2' is now available to download with many of the titles above.
If you're searching for lyrics to all these songs and many other titles, you may like to try Bells Irish Lyrics.
Songs by Irish Artists including songs made popular by Irish Artists:✓ means the song is suitable for beginners.
- And The Band Played Waltzing Matilda - Liam Clancy
- Breathless - The Corrs
- Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison ✓
- Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol
- Papers and Pins - The Tossers ✓
- Puff The Magic Dragon - The Irish Rovers
- The Green Fields Of France - The Fureys & Davey Arthur ✓
- The Unicorn Song - The Irish Rovers ✓
- The Skye Boat Song - The Corries ✓
The six territories recognised as Celtic nations by the Celtic League are Ireland (Éire), Scotland (Alba), Wales (Cymru), Cornwall (Kernow), Brittany (Breizh), and the Isle of Man (Mannin).
Each has a Celtic language that is either still spoken or was spoken into modern times.
Brittany is located in the north-west of France while the Isle of Man is a self-governing Crown dependency in the Irish Sea between Great Britain and Ireland.
- Free Music Service: This service is available on many song pages for anyone wanting to transpose a song to a different key. It has various options including chords, lyrics, chord charts etc... more information.
- Song Charts: If you are finding the song charts on this site a little hard to follow, this page will give you a summary of all the things you are likely to find along with explanations and definitions... very helpful.
- Writing Chords - learn how to write a chord, e.g., 320003 (G chord). These are used on some song pages as well as chord charts... handy to know.
Please Note: All the song charts on this site are my own interpretation of each song, in a format aimed at teaching guitarists and musicians in general. No attempt has been made to copy or reproduce the artist's or publisher's sheet music for the song, if it does exist. It is to be used for Informational and Educational Purposes Only. For a comprehensive representation of the songs, we recommend you buy the sheet music. If you like playing these songs, we encourage you to support the artists and buy their music.