Frosty The Snowman chords & lyrics
by The Countdown Kids
- Frosty The Snowman - Music & Lyrics: Walter 'Jack' Rollins & Steve Nelson
- First Recording: December 14th, 1950 by Gene Autry & The Cass County Boys. Reached No 7 on the US Pop Singles Chart.
- Featured Artists: The Countdown Kids from the album 30 Toddler Christmas Carols, Vol.1
Frosty The Snowman
Capo on 1st fret if playing with video
A Bb Intro: 4/4 | / / / ♪ ♪ || D | A - F#7 | Bm - E | A || A D A 1. Fros-ty the snow-man___ Was a jol-ly hap-py soul D A E A With a corn cob pipe and a but-ton nose___ And two eyes made out of coal A D A Fros-ty the snow-man___ Is a fair-y tale they say D A F#7 Bm E A He was made out of snow but the child-ren know___ How he came to life one day D A E A Bridge: There must have been some mag-ic in that old silk cap they found E E7 B7 E - E7 For when they placed it on his head he be-gan to dance a-round___(Oh) A D A 2. Fros-ty the snow-man___ Was a-live as he could be D A F#7 Bm E A And the child-ren say he could laugh and play___ Just the same as you and me A D A Fros-ty the snow-man___ Knew the sun was hot that day D A F#7 Bm E A So he said let’s run and we’ll have some fun___ Now be-fore I melt a-way A D A 3. Down to the vil-lage___ With a broom stick in his hand D A F#7 Bm E A Run-ning here and there all a-round the square___ Say-ing catch me if you can D A E A - A7 Bridge: He led them down the streets of town right to the traf-fic cop E E7 B7 E - E7 And he on-ly paused a mo-ment when he heard him hol-ler stop! A D A 4. Fros-ty the snow-man___ Had to hur-ry on his way D A F#7 Bm E A But he waved good-bye say-ing Don't you cry___ I'll be back a-gain some day A Outro: Thump-e-ty thump thump___ Thump-e-ty thump thump A7 E Look at Fros-ty go E Thump-e-ty thump thump___ Thump-e-ty thump thump E7 A Ov-er the hills of snow
Numbered Circles: Chord fingering - number inside circle indicates which finger to use
White Numbered Circles: Optional Notes
Unmarked strings: Play open
X: Don't play string
Barre Line: One finger holds down multiple strings
R: Root Note
Right Handed Charts:
Left Handed Charts:
- Song Key: B♭ Major - We will be using a capo on the 1st fret and play in the key of A Major.
- 80 bpm () ... the beat sounds on every 1st & 3rd quarter-note / crotchet of each bar for those of you using a metronome or click track, with the value of each beat, a half note or minim as the symbol suggests.
You can set the metronome at 160 bpm to play on every beat, but it sounds a little busy... the choice is yours.
- In the Intro, the xylophone comes in on the 4th beat of the first bar. There are 3 crotchet rests which indicate 3 beats of rest, then 2 eighth-notes / quavers on 4& (A, B♭) going into the second bar. The guitar starts on the second bar, although you can play the leading notes of A & B♭ on the 4& of the first bar if you wish... see chart.
- This song is very simple to play although there are a couple of barre chords, but don't be put off as they are very easy to play.
- The F#7 barre chord can be played like the E7 with the extra notes ... this is shown above in the written chords.
- | Bm - E | Play the Bm chord for 2 beats and the E chord for 2 beats.
|Capo: Fret 1 - A Major||A||A7||E||E7||F#7||D||Bm||B7|
|Performance: Key B♭Major||B♭||B♭7||F||F7||G7||E♭||Cm||C7|
|Original Published Key - C Major||C||C7||G||G7||A7||F||Dm||D7|