Woman In Love chords & lyrics
by Barbra Streisand
- Woman In Love was written by Barry Gibb & Robin Gibb from the Bee Gees. The song was recorded in February 1980, and released on August 16, 1980 from the album Guilty.
- Music: Key of Ebm with a Key change to Em in 4/4 & 2/4 time at ~ 84 bpm (♩)
- Chords in Ebm: Ebm, Ebm7, Gb, Abm, Abm7, Bb, Bb7, Cb, Cbmaj7, Db, Db7, Dbm
- Chords in Em: Em, Am, B, B9, D ... all charts below
Woman In Love by Barbra Streisand
Intro: 4/4 | Ebm | Ebm | Cbmaj7 | Cbmaj7 - Db | Ebm | Ebm | Cbmaj7 | Cbmaj7 | Ebm Abm Ebm 1. Life is a mo-ment in space Abm Cbmaj7 Db7 Gb When the dream is gone__ It's a lone-li-er place Dbm Cb I kiss the morn-ing good-bye Ebm7 Abm7 Bb7 But down in - side you know__ We nev-er know why Ebm Abm Ebm 2. The road is nar-row and long Abm Cbmaj7 Db7 Gb When eyes meet eyes__ And the feel-ing is strong Dbm Gb I turn a-way from the wall Cb Gb Cb Bb7 I stum-ble and fall__ But I give you it all Ebm Bb Ebm Chorus: I am a wo-man in love Bb Ebm Bb Ebm And I'd do a-ny-thing__ To get you in-to my world Bb Ebm And hold you with-in Db Abm It's a right__ I de-fend Gb O-ver and o-ver a-gain | Ebm | Ebm | Cbmaj7 | Cbmaj7 | What do I do? Ebm Abm Ebm 3. With you e-ter-nal-ly mine Abm Cbmaj7 Db7 Gb In love there is__ No meas-ure of time Dbm Cb We planned it all at the start Ebm7 Abm7 Bb7 That you and I__ Live in each oth-er's heart Ebm Abm Ebm 4. We may be o-ceans a-way Abm Cbmaj7 Db7 Gb You feel my love__ I hear what you say Dbm Gb No truth is ev-er a lie Cb Gb Cb Bb7 I stum-ble and fall__ But I give you it all Ebm Bb Ebm Chorus: I am a wo-man in love Bb Ebm Bb Ebm And I'd do a-ny-thing__ To get you in-to my world Bb Ebm And hold you with-in Db Abm It's a right__ I de-fend Gb O-ver and o-ver a-gain (2/4) (4/4) | Ebm | Ebm | B9 | B9 | What do I do? (key change) Em B Em Chorus: I am a wo-man in love B Em B Em And I'm talk-in' to you__ You know how you feel B Em What a wo-man can do D Am It's a right I de-fend B7 O-ver and o-ver a-gain Em B Em Chorus: I am a wo-man in love B Em B Em And I'd do a-ny-thing__ To get you in-to my world B Em And hold you with-in D Am It's a right__ I de-fend B O-ver and o-ver a-gain... repeat and fade
- There are a lot of barre chords due to the key signature so we have added open positions for anyone wanting alternative chord voicings, some of which are very nice.
- The key of Ebm has the same Key signature as Gb Major which has 6 flats - Bb, Eb, Ab, Db, Gb, Cb hence the chords.
- Remember that these chords have enharmonic equivalents therefore chords like Db, Gb and Cb are often played as C#, F# and B respectively, but due to the key signature we have to name the chords in accordance to the stated key.
- There are several tempo changes from 4/4 to 2/4 back to 4/4. We have only included the one after the second chorus, but there are several others which are all indicated in the Sheet Music. However, if you are familiar with the song, you will be fine with the song chart above.
Ebm → Em
Numbered Circles: Chord fingering - number inside circle indicates which finger to use
Unmarked strings or O: Play open
X: Don't play string
Barre Line: One finger holds down multiple strings
R: Root Note
Right Handed Charts:Chords in Ebm
Left Handed Charts:Chords in Ebm