New York New York chords and lyrics
by Frank Sinatra
- Theme song from the Martin Scorsese film New York New York with music by John Kander and lyrics by Fred Ebb. It was written for Liza Minnelli who performed the song in the film, and was released in 1977 from the album of the same name.
- The song was re-recorded by Frank Sinatra in 1979 for his album, Trilogy: Past Present Future - released in April, 1980.
- Music: D Major with a key change to Eb Major in 4/4 time at 112 bpm - moderate swing.
- Chords: D, D6, D7, Dmaj7, Eb, Eb7, Ebmaj7, Em6, Em7, F#m7, Gmaj7, Gm6, G11, Ab, Abm6, Abmaj7, A7, Am6, Bb, Bb7, Bbm7, B7, B7+5, Bm, C7, C7+5
- Please Note: This is a very chord-heavy song and not suitable for beginners, however when you master the art of barre chords you should definately re-visit this song.
New York New York by Frank Sinatra
Intro: 4/4 || D | % | Em7 | A7 | D | % | Em7 | A7 || D | Em7 - A7 | 1. Start spread-in' the news___ I'm leav-ing to-day Em7 A7 Em7 A7 D D6 | Em7 / Em6 Em7 | A7 | I wan - na be a part of it___ New York New York D | Em7 - A7 | 2. These vag-a-bond shoes___ Are long-ing to stray Em7 A7 Em7 A7 D Dmaj7 D7 Right through the ve-ry heart of it___ New York New York Gmaj7 Gm6 D6 ** I want to wake up in a ci-ty that does-n't sleep Dmaj7 Em7 Dmaj7 F#m7 B7 | Em7 / Em6 Em7 | A7 | And find I'm king of the hill___ Top of the heap D | Em7 - A7 | 3. These lit-tle town blues___ Are melt-ing a-way Em7 A7 Em7 A7 D D6 Am7 I'll make a brand new start of it___ In old New York D7 G Gm6 D B7+5 ** If I can make it there___ I'll make it any-where B7 A7 B7 Em7 F#m7 Gmaj7 G11 D It's up to you___ New York New (York) | D | % | Em7 - A7 | Bb7 / Fm7 Bb7 | York (key change) | Eb | Ebmaj7 | Eb7 | New York New York Abmaj7 Abm6 Eb6 ** I want to wake up in a ci-ty that ne-ver sleeps Ebmaj7 Fm7 Ebmaj7 Gm7 C7 And find I'm ‘A’ num-ber one___ Top of the list B Bb King of the hill___ ‘A’ num-ber one... Eb | Fm7 - Bb7 | 4. These lit-tle town blues___ Are melt-ing a-way Fm7 Bb7 Eb Ebmaj7 Bbm7 I'm gon-na make a brand new start of it___ In old New York Eb7 Ab Abm6 ** A – a – a - and if I can___ Make it there Eb C7+5 I'm gon-na make it any - where C7 Bb7 C7 Fm7 Gm7 Fm7 Ab | Eb | % | Fm7... | Eb | It's up to you___ New York New York... New York...
Numbered Circles: Chord fingering - number inside circle indicates which finger to use
White Numbered Circles: Optional Notes
Unmarked strings: Play open
X: Don't play string
Barre Line: One finger holds down multiple strings
R: Root Note
Right Handed Charts:
Left Handed Charts:
Born: Francis Albert Sinatra on 12th December, 1915 in Hoboken, New Jersey, U.S.
Died: 14th May, 1998 (aged 82) in Los Angeles, California, U.S.
Profession: Singer, actor, producer
Music Styles: Traditional pop, easy listening, jazz, swing, vocal jazz
Active Years: 1935-1995
New York New York Sheet Music at MusicaNeo.Com - Piano/Vocal/Chords - D Major - 7 pages.
Another song by Frank Sinatra on this site: My Way